Recipe | Fat Bombs with Pure Cacao
Virginia from Virginia's Health Corner has conjured up a super healthy fat bombs recipe and she includes our pure cacao block in the list of ingredients as it's packed with antioxidants, healthy fats and as well as being a great source of fibre.
It's a great way to incorporate collagen into your diet.
It's "a healthy and well balanced snack which will not upset your blood sugars. You have to try them ..so easy to make!!" Virgina says.
Choose a mould of your pleasing to set these in. Ideally small mini muffin silicone moulds to portion 12.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup collagen powder (2 scoops)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (we love nutshed)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk from a can (not refrigerated)
- 10g grated nibbed pure cacao
- 1 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and mix in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Add in the coconut milk, vanilla extract and sweetener of choice.
- Add the collagen powder, and whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Grate the cacao block on top.
- Freeze for about 2 hours.
- Enjoy straight from the freezer.
Always eat straight from freezer, as it will melt at room temperature.
Virginia Ziulu | Nutritional Therapist | DipNT IHS, mNTOI
I am a Functional Medicine Nutritional Therapist, Organic Horticulturist and mum of two young boys living in the Co.Kildare, Co.Laois border in ireland.
My areas of expertise are Lipedema, Intermittent Fasting, Hormonal and Digestive Health and Autoimmune conditions.
I am originally from Sardinia, Italy and moved to Ireland in 2005. I am really passionate about good quality organic, local and sustainable food coming from a family of passionate home growers and food lovers.
In 2014 I graduated as a Nutritional Therapist with the Institute of Health Sciences in Dublin while working in a Health food shop.
In 2016 I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma while pregnant with my first child and I realised even more what was really important in life. I have since become an Organic Horticulturist and found my dream home where I could finally grow my own vegetables and fruit. I am very passionate to teach you the mental and nutritional benefits of organic and homegrown food and how much they can have an impact on your life.