Recipe | Tahini oat cookies with cacao centre
We just loved these cookies!
We were inspired by The Happy Pear's oat cookie recipe. They used peanut butter and chocolate chips, whereas we used tahini and our cacao block. The tahini makes them so nice and chewy!
We also used less coconut sugar, as we don't like things to be overly sweet (better for you too!). And by subbing out the chocolate chips for pure cacao we were able to reduce sugar content too.
- 90g oats
- 125g tahini
- 5 tbsp water
- 60g coconut sugar
- 40g nibbed cacao block
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Add all ingredients to a big bowl
- Shape into 6 balls
- Line a baking tray with baking parchments
- Add the balls and flatten with the palm of your hand
- Roughly chop up the cacao block and push pieces into the centres of each cookie
- Bake for 15 mins until golden
- Leave to cool