Recipe | Hot cacao drink
This does not need to be complicated, and it's just a guide. If you don't like oat milk, sub it for your milk of choice. If you like things on the sweeter side, use more milk and less water and add a sweetener.
It's your cacao, there are no rules! Enjoy it how and whenever you like.
- 20g of nibbed 100% cacao
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 150ml water
- 150ml oat milk (we love barista style)
- Optional: sweetener of choice (like maple syrup or honey)
- Roughly chop the cacao block (no need to grate
- Add cacao to pot with water and oat milk
- Add spices
- Whisk, until cacao is melted
- Wait til it gets hot, not boiling
- Add to blender (eg a nutribullet) or use a stick blender in the pot
- Whizz up for 5 secs