Elderflower Infused Hot Cacao
Currently, elderflower is in season (June). We highly recommend venturing out and indulging in the art of foraging to gather this exquisite floral ingredient. We promise it will enable you to create the most delightful and flavoursome hot cacao recipe!
Recently, we had the pleasure of joining Olwyn Williams, Wild Food Tutor & Forager, on a captivating foraging excursion. She introduced us to an array of wild plants that beautifully complement our hot cacao beverages. Today, we're sharing a simple yet incredibly delicious recipe.
Read this blog article explaining more about the foraged ingredients we discovered and how to use them with cacao.
- Elderflower, still attached to stalk
- 20g nibbed cacao, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: sweetener of choice (e.g. floral or berry infused honey)
- Heat the cacao in the coconut milk & water in a saucepan
- Stir in the elderflower, brew for a few mins
- Pour & enjoy
- Optional: add in a sweetener, we used a homemade fermented elderberry honey that was made last Autumn⚡️
Head over to our instagram and check out the story highlight 'forage + 🍫' to see videos on the foraged ingredients and recipes we created on the day.