Free delivery over €50 (IRL) / £45 (UK)
Recipe | Nutty date cacao bars
These are so simple and easy to make. A nice balance of nuttiness, gooiness and cacao. They are refined sugar/sweetener free too! The dates add the perfect natural sweetness.
These bars are great as a quick snack, or to enjoy mindfully with a cup of cacao tea or coffee (if you're that way inclined).
Don't be too hung up on exact measurements also. Just have fun with it!
- 50g nibbed cacao block (half of the 100g chunks)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup nuts of choice (we used almonds + cashews)
- Sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- Roast the nuts in an oven @ 180° for 20-25 mins
- Soak the dates in hot water for 20 mins
- In a bain-marie (fancy word for pot with water in it, with bowl on top), melt the nibbed cacao block with the coconut oil + peanut butter
- Drain the dates of most of the liquid then blitz in a blender til it’s gooey
- Blitz the nuts in blender til they're a rough powder consistency
- Add the dates & nut powder to the melted cacao and mix together
- Line a baking tin with baking parchment (we used a bread tin)
- Spoon in the mixture, press it down so it’s compact
- Top with some roasted nuts & sea salt flakes
- Pop in freezer for an hour to harden
- Slice up however you like